Wednesday 7 March 2012

Family Friendly Fridays: Chicken Chow Mein

One of my favourite blogs is Fabulicious Food and each month they host a Family Friendly Friday challenge, which I love to read because it gives me ideas to compose my weekly meal plans with. So thanks for your work Ren in hosting, and thanks to the other bloggers for your entries.

Here's my entry:

Chicken Chow Mein
It's very rare in our household that we get a dish that everyone loves; I usually can only please a few people at a time. But when I make this I know that that every last bit will get eaten. So here's my recipe:
  • 3 blocks Sharwood’s Medium Egg Noodles
  • 1 tablespoon oil for frying
  • 4 chicken breasts sliced into thin strips
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 pepper chopped
  • 100g beansprouts
  • 3 tablespoon light soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil

Firstly, I mix the soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil together. Then I fry the onion and peppers in a small amount of sunflower oil for a few minutes before I put the chicken in, as my children like them to be really wilted (if you like them firmer though just put them in the same time as the chicken. Lastly I add the beansprouts and add the mixture of the sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil and fry until everything is heated right through. Finally cook noodles, drain and mix together.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!

1 comment:

  1. A lovely recipes, very family friendly, thank you so much for entering it into Family Friendly Fridays this month :-) Ren x

    ReplyDelete