Sunday 12 December 2010

Review: Earth Friendly Baby products


Having a toddler with sensitive skin in the household means that we can only use the gentlest of products on his skin. We have discovered a fantastic new brand called 'earth friendly baby.' The packaging relays everything about these products - simple, ecological and baby friendly. I knew these must be good products when I saw that they had received the 'Mother and Baby Silver Award', but I was keen to test just how good out for myself!

Organic Mandarin Bubblebath (£5.99)


The packaging looks suitably apt for any nursery or bathroom that has a baby/toddler in attendance. But even better than the packaging is the wonderful list of ingredients; all of which are free of artificial colouring, synthetic fragrances and SLS.



The bubble baths come in a range of fragrances; Organic chamomile, Organic Lavender and Organic Mandarin. The one we tested out was mandarin and it was simply gorgeous! I have done some research on this mandarin and found this:

"Mandarin is believed to improve mood and "relieve anxiety". Mandarin is really a happy oil, as the smell of the oil gives you the feeling of cleanliness. It is safe for all ages, and children especially enjoy the aroma of the oil."

I totally agree with the above statement. It really is a happy smell and I think will probably become one of those smells which you will maybe associate with the childhood of your children. Lots of other wonderful ingredients such as chamomile, lavender, rosehip, hibiscus, wild bergamot and poppy are also included in this bubble bath and that is probably why we feel so revived after using this product. That's right I said 'we' as I thoroughly enjoyed using this product too.

Once thing I did note about this product was the consistency; it was much more runnier than the bubble baths I have used in the past. This wasn't a bad thing however as I think this was due to the oils in the product which left the skin much more nourished than usual bubble bath. It seemed to instantly moisturise the skin. And more impressive to my son was the fact that this bubble bath seemed to produce huuuuge bubbles!! It was lovely to actually be able to use a bubble bath in the knowledge that it wouldn't be provoking any reactions on my son's skin. He thoroughly enjoyed playing in bath filled with beautifully scented bubbles!


Mandarin Body Lotion – £4.99 for 250ml

I might be cheeky but aside from using this on my son's skin after a bath, I have now adopted this for my skin care routine. It makes my legs smell great after I shave my legs and is just so nourishing! It really feeds the skin! This again was very different to normal body lotions, as the consistency wasn't creamy but more runny; but worked oh so well! It has the most amazing smell that really lingers on the skin and the ingredients work fantastically to achieve the goal of soft skin! Wonderful!


Eco Baby Wipes – £2.99 for 72 wipesFirstly, these wipes had much more substance to them than most flimsy wipes, so it was much easier getting a grip on things that needed to be wiped up! They were ultra soft and this was enhanced by the added water and Aloe Vera that these wipes contain. These will make a great addition to my handbag for when we are out and about.

Mandarin Shampoo & Bodywash – £3.99 for 250ml
It's shiny hair ahoy here in the Sweet Craftiness household. Obviously we are now discovering the true benefits of natural ingredients thanks to these wonderful products! I have to keep sniffing my son's hair now that we are using this shampoo. The shampoos are specially formulated to cleanse without leaving any icky residue and is formulated to avoid any bath-time tears!

The only thing left for us to say is that we are looking forward to using the chamomile and lavender range of these products. We would certainly recommend them!

The Earth Friendly Baby line-up is available from www.HealthQuestStore.com or call 0845 310 4411

You can also check out their Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment