Monday 4 January 2010

Crock-Pot Sauté Slow Cooker (SC7500)



It's cold, bleak and miserable at the moment and the last thing I feel like doing at the end of a long day is cooking. I'm one of those people that are full of energy first thing in the morning and then by the afternoon I suffer from a sudden slump in energy. This usually results in making the preparing of the evening meal seem like a massive chore; which then means we get takeaways.

But not since I discovered this wonderful slow cooker. I really can't praise it enough. It is not one of those items that you use and then resign to the back of the cupboard as it's such a practical item. Put your ingredients in first thing in the morning and by the time you come home you have a delicious meal awaiting you. It uses much less electricity than an oven and you can use cheaper cuts of meat and by slow cooking you get deliciously moist and tender results. I have been using this for the last few months and I am using it practically every day. One of my favourite recipes is Shepherd's Pie. I didn't used to be a fan of mince, but when it comes out of the slow cooker it's so tender and tasty that it tastes wonderful.

Another reason I love the slow cooker is that as my husband comes home from work quite late, I can leave the food in there on the 'Keep Warm' setting and it will be lovely and warm for him when he comes in.


What's brilliant about this slow cooker is the fact that if something needs browning off first; you don't need to dirty loads of different saucepans. You can just lift out the cooking pot and place it on the hob and then place back in the heating cradle and use it in the usual way. The stoneware can also be used in a conventional oven and if you have any leftovers, you can store them in the freezer. When you are ready, simply defrost the meal and reheat it in the microwave.

Think this sounds good enough? Well there's more....

You don't even have to spend ages scrubbing the slow cooker clean as it has a 'Rinse Clean System.' It's the next best thing to having a chef and maid in your home.

The model I have is a 4.7 litre capacity which will feed around 4 to 5 people. So it's perfect for my family needs.

And if you don't know what to cook in the slow cooker there are literally hundreds of recipe books available and loads online. The slow cooker even comes with a book which features a selection of recipes that have been created by chef Phil Vickery. Although I found the book a tad bit too fancy for my family. I have found a brilliant recipe on BBC Good Food website.

What more can I say, this is the answer to the problem of soaring food costs as you can use cheaper meat and avoid buying expensive takeaways. I can now also ensure that my family eats healthy and nutritious food.

The only minor flaw with the slow cooker is the shape at the bottom, as it has a ridge it makes it a little bit difficult to get the food out of the very bottom.

Priced at around £44.99 I think you are getting fantastic value for money!

Overall I think this is the best piece of kitchen equipment I will ever own. I recommend everyone to get one of these!

For further details of stockists, please contact the consumer helpline on 0800 0523615

No comments:

Post a Comment