Friday 9 October 2009

5 A Day glove puppet by Top That Publishing




One of the topics taught at the moment to Master Craftiness in school is 'healthy eating.' I felt that it would be helpful to him to learn a bit more about this at home. I searched the internet and this was the first product I found that emphasised the importance of healthy eating.

This is a brilliant book by Top That Publishing. It's not just a book; but a glove puppet book! The fact that it's a glove puppet means that it's great for bring the characters in the book to life.

This book was a really big hit with my seven year old and my 9 month old. My oldest even named the characters.

It's so bright and colourful that it is immediately pleasing on the eye. The fact that it was a glove puppet allowed my two boys to partake in some bonding time with my oldest using the glove puppet to make the story come to life.


This is a really novel idea to get little babies to sit and listen to a story. My youngest was simply enthralled as you can see by the pictures.



I was really impressed with the fact that the book made healthy eating so appealing. It is a simple little rhyming book that gives children ideas on how they can get their 5-a-day.



Orange juice and a banana...



Baked beans and strawberries....


Broccoli, carrots and peas..........

Master Craftiness immediately asked for some strawberries so it just shows how food can seem so appealing if it is portrayed in the right light.

An excellent little book which is fun but shows how important it is to make sure you get the right nutritional content. I will certainly be looking out for more books like this.

Keep an eye on the blog for more products that encourage healthy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment